ADDED JULY 15, 2017
- Brooklyn Sportsman's Club is having a level I RO course at the clubhouse on Saturday Sept 16 starting at 9am (goes till about 5pm). The practical portion of the class out on the range Sunday morning the 17th. Cost of the class is $60 and you must be a USPSA member to attend. (cost of a yearly membership is $40 for USPSA and we can take that and the application at the class). Range Master Instructor Gary Johnson will be teaching the class. This is a great way to get involved in the shooting sports by getting to know the details and rules of the USPSA game.
- Please go to CLASSES tab above to register.
ADDED JAN 31, 2017
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the Cheely Custom Gunworks & Spencer Race Guns 2017 Michigan Sectional!
ADDED JAN 7, 2017
New 2017 Invitation letter for Canadian shooters has now been posted!
- As a visitor to the United States, you will need this letter to qualify for a “Form 6” import permit allowing you to bring your firearms into the United States. As a competitor, you qualify for the sport shooting exemption that allows a foreign national to posses a firearm while attending shooting events in the United States.
- PLEASE READ THE INVITATION LETTER FOR MORE INFORMATION.
- Go to the "DOCUMENTS" tab of this website.
ADDED NOV 11, 2016
BEND OF THE RIVER CONSERVATION CLUB - 2017 Southwest Michigan Single Stack Challenge!!
- April 30th, 2017 will be a new USPSA match format for BORCC. They will not be holding a match on the 4th Sunday as the Indiana Single Stack/Production/Revolver Championship will be going on.
- After you shoot the Indiana match on the 4th weekend come on out and shoot the BORCC match on the 5th Sunday of April in 2017.
- There will be 8 bays of shooting with a CHRONO.
- This match will be geared towards SINGLE STACK but you will be able to shoot any division. We are focusing on SINGLE STACK because the NATIONALS are right around the corner.
- For those that shoot SINGLE STACK there will be a prize for each classification winner from GM to D. You must be classified in SINGLE STACK to win these prizes.
- BORCC hopes to have a CLASSIFIER MATCH or two in the next couple of months for those of you who need it. Stay tuned for more on this.
- Joe has big plans for the match and hopes to accomplish them all. He will be needing certified RO's to assist in running this match, if you are interested contact Joe about this. He will need approximately 20 staff members. Staff will be finalizing stages on the 29th and shooting thru. (Staff will shoot for free.) Staff will then be running the match on the 30th. Joe is currently working on a shirt design that you will all love and hopefully will wear proudly.
- There will be online registration and payment. BORCC will be supplying a simple lunch for all.
- Joe is working on getting prizes for this match as well, and hopes to have a raffle gun. What kind you ask? "Uhh....... a 1911 of course"
- Get it on your calendar. (APRIL 30th, 2017) the "2017 Southwest Michigan Single Stack Challenge"
- Stay tuned for more information on prizes, shirt designs, stage information, staffing, upcoming classifier matches, and whatever else Joe comes up with. Please share this to all.
- There will be 9 squads of 12 shooters on April 30th. STAY TUNED!!!!! ...and in the mean time polish up the SINGLE STACK gun and get classified.
- Thanks, Joe Margherone TY64028
ADDED OCT 26, 2016
Registration is now open for the 2017 Area 5 Championship
- June 1-4, 2017 at Brooklyn Sportsman’s Club
- 15 Stages + Chronograph
- 425 rounds (estimated)
- $195.00 for Adult.
- $145.00 for Junior.
- go to www.area5.us
- You may register on this web site, and make payment by PayPal or send in a check.
- You may squad ONLY AFTER PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
- Squadding will be on USPSA site – SQUADDING WILL OPEN AT 9:00 AM ON SATURDAY, NOV 5.
- Note – Payment will take at least 24 hours to process, since it requires manual entry into the USPSA system
NOTE – NO REFUNDS AFTER MARCH 31, 2017
- This match will award both trophies and have a cash payouts.
- Every Class and Division winner will receive a cash payout! (Note – Unclassified shooters are not eligible nor counted in the payout).
- Competitors and staff will have a choice of either a “half day” or “full day” formats.
USPSA MICHIGAN SECTION NEWS